Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Burger Review #29: Burger Factory

Photo by Andrew Hockridge
Date Visited: February 19, 2017
Location: Queen West
BurgerTours Rating: 6.9/10



    Taste         Messiness         Price         Venue        Pluses   
Very GoodMessy$11-$15Fast FoodVeggie


Drew's Review
Photo by Andrew Hockridge
I had never heard of this joint before and I was quite surprised to find it located in an area I visit quite frequently. Queen Street West is home to some of the best burger joints in the city. Mark found this one on a hunch. I agreed and we decided to give this place a try.

We arrived shortly before 2pm on a day in mid-February and it was pretty full. We were lucky enough to grab a booth when we entered. It was a small space with a few tables and booths along the sides. People were eating and casually talking but it was noisy from the minute we walked in - the walls were paper thin. We walked up to the counter to place our orders. This place was rather typical when it came to selecting options. They had only a few burgers on the menu, but because this was a so called "burger factory", I was expecting an enormous number of burgers to choose from.

Photo by Andrew Hockridge
When the guy behind the counter asked for my order, I said the first thing I was able to read off the menu which was the Juicy Lucy. It sounded alright. The burger came with a cheese-stuffed patty and toppings of your choice. I figured at this point, I'd be up for anything worth trying, so I decide dead to keep my order, short and simple.

Mark and I found a booth to sit at while we waited for our burgers. While sitting, I read a sign on the wall that said they offered free Wi-Fi. So I took out my phone to check, but it was password protected. Now because it was rather noisy, I was having a hard time hearing what order numbers they were calling out. I gave it a few minutes before I walked up to the counter along the side to wait for my order. I guess I'd hadn't given it enough time because the guy behind the counter repeated they'd call my number when it was ready. It was at this point I simply just asked for the Wi-Fi password and walked back to the table.

Juicy Lucy/Photo by Andrew Hockridge
Within a few minutes, our burgers were ready. I was greeted by a tray with a wrapper with a burger in it, a side of fries and a can of pop. I unwrapped the foil to uncover a decent looking burger, sandwiched between two sesame seed buns. It looked like your typical burger you grill up in your backyard BBQ. The only difference being was that this beef patty had a cheese filling, so it delivered that extra melt-in-your-mouth tenderness. The overall taste I got was a bland burger, if nothing more. For the price I paid for the burger, it was pretty small. The flavour was tasteless and the melted cheese cooked in between the patty didn't do much to help the taste.

Overall, I had a decent, mediocre burger. The staff were friendly and the location was great but the burger was just a typical burger for me: nothing special. I hope to return sometime to redeem my review of this joint and I hope to try some of their other options from the menu.

7.3/10

Mark's Review

The Original Cheeseburger/Photo by Mark Avila
We take you back to Downtown Toronto, where we visit a hidden a gem along Queen Street West. For this BurgerTour, we take you to the Burger Factory!

This joint was no easy place to find. We walked back and forth along Queen Street for a good fifteen to twenty minutes before seeing it among the many restaurants along this stretch.

The Burger Factory prides itself in using premium grade beef that is ground daily to ensure the highest quality burgers. It shows in their menu selection as they offer both traditional to specialty handcrafted burgers.

I opted for the Original Cheeseburger with lettuce, tomato, pickles, onions, and relish. I’m pretty simple when it comes to my burger toppings, so I made sure this burger was made for me. And the taste of this burger was spot on. The beef patty was cooked to a nice texture that allowed the juices to flow out and mix together with the toppings.

Overall, there were really no flaws I found with this burger, other than the bun being a little dry, but I guess that depends on their preference. It was a satisfying experience, but nothing spectacular.

6.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment