Friday, December 29, 2023

Special Burger Review: Beer & Burger


Photo by/Mark Avila

Date Visited: September 8, 2023
Location: London, United Kingdom
BurgerTours Rating: 8.5/10



    Taste         Messiness         Price         Venue        Pluses   
AwesomeMessy$11-$15Fast Food Veggie, Gluten Free

Website

Mark's Review

What is up guys? This is Mark, and I am here to present you with another Burger Tour. I’m back in Europe to give you our second burger tour from the UK, Beer & Burger! They have multiple locations across London, but the one I checked out was located in King’s Cross just steps away from King’s Cross Underground Station. Beer & Burger claims to serve the best craft beer and burgers in London, and it was only appropriate that I pay them a visit. 


Just walking restaurant I could feel the lively atmosphere. The loud music alongside the busy traffic and diners chatting away, I knew that the vibe was going to be vibrant. 


Having been seated and looking through the menu, nothing really caught my eye as something appetizing. Then, I saw their September guest burger, the Katsu Curry Chicken Burger. From recent memory, I don’t think I’ve ever had a burger with Chicken Katsu. Well, now was definitely the time.  

Katsu Curry Chicken Burger/Photo by Mark Avila


The Katsu Curry Chicken Burger is a fried chicken patty topped with katsu curry, and pickled daikon slaw in between glazed buns. 


I didn’t know what I was expecting, but when the burger was placed in front of me it was like a “WOW” moment. The sheer size caught me off guard. The chicken patty was thick and golden and had my mouth watering. The glazed buns was an eye catcher looking nicely baked, sporting a nice brown colour, and glistening. 


The first bite was met by the crunch of the chicken. It was so crunchy, flavourful, and just so good. I don’t think I’ve had fried chicken like this in a long time, and was a nice break from beef and vegan patties I’ve had. To be honest, I may try more fried chicken patties in the future if its offered as a burger or patty substitution. The curry was smooth and light on the spice, while the pickled daikon was creamy and balanced out the overall flavour. 


This was a nice surprise and satisfying burger for my first burger joint in London. Beer & Burger was great with the creativity and thoughtful construction of this burger. From presentation to the flavour it was everything that I was expecting. Overall, this is definitely a go to joint if you’re looking for a well prepared burger and a good time. Beer & Burger will for sure be a place where I will be visiting again on my next visit, and will be recommending to friends and family.


8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment