Saturday, April 11, 2015

Burger Review #2: Lick's

Photo by Andrew Hockridge
Date visited: October 30, 2014
Location: Eglinton Corners
BurgerTours Rating: 5.4/10



    Taste         Messiness         Price         Venue        Pluses   
GoodSome Drip$6-$10Fast FoodVeggie
 

Website



Drew's Review

Photo by Andrew Hockridge
Not everyone is a fan of traditional burgers, but it’s what Lick’s has been doing since 1980. On the menu, you have a choice of a Homeburger, which is a beef patty; the Nature Burger, for the vegans; the Gobbler, which is lean ground turkey and Chick’n Lick’n which is a BBQ chicken breast. I decided to stick with the traditional route and go with the Homeburger. I decided to top it off with ketchup, mustard, onions, pickles and tomatoes; keepin’ it simple.

I picked up my combo a few minutes later with a side order of french fries. The meat was thick and well-done. No additional flavors added. The mustard and ketchup really did a fine job dripping from the sides of the burger. The buns were oddly shaped because of the way they were sliced. When it came to eat, the top bun was always slipping off. It was hard to get a firm grasp. Sure enough, with only a few bites to go, the meat decides to fall out leaving nothing but the toppings inside the two buns. Great, I thought.

The fries were okay. They’re your usual fresh-cut-potato fries that you could get practically anywhere else. The only difference is that they don’t put any salt or seasoning on them. You either have to ask or stack up on cups full of ketchup. But overall, I was full by the time I even touched the fries. There were a few burnt ones I had to throw away too.

Overall, Lick’s offers traditional burgers and everything else a burger joint should have; not to mention they have a huge selection of shakes available for when you finish your burger and still have a little room for dessert. And now, I agree that their menu is big and has everything to offer, but for a burger joint whose specialty is burgers, that should be the one thing they focus on.

4.8/10



Mark's Review

Chick'n Lick'n/Photo by Andrew Hockridge
Was it going to be the Gobbler or the Chick'n Lick'n? (AKA the Turkey or Chicken?) They both looked very appetizing from what I was imagining in my mind, though, after all, I decided to go with the Chick'n Lick'n. It was a BBQ Chicken breast that was topped with my choices of tomato, lettuce, onions, ketchup, and mustard at no extra cost. I took the simple route once again with my topping selection so that it tasted...simple.

After my first bite, the flavours surprisingly brought out the overall taste of the chicken. The chicken breast itself was grilled to a certain level of tenderness that was quite startling for my taste buds. The cost of the Chick'n Lick'n combo came up to decent price between $10-15. I definitely got what I paid for.

Overall, my experience at Lick's was quite casual. Being there after peak, the service was fast and laid back for both us customers and employees. However, it was unfortunate that we didn't get acknowledged from when we walked in until we ordered, which was disappointing. It's definitely a place to go to if you're craving a traditional style burger for a fairly decent price. 

6/10

Lick's Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment