Friday, September 9, 2022

Special Burger Review: Nuburger

Photo by Mark Avila


Date Visited: May 13, 2022
Location: Winnipeg, MB.
BurgerTours Rating: 9/10

 

 

    Taste         Messiness         Price         Venue        Pluses   
AwesomeMessy$11-$15Fast Food Veggie, Gluten Free

Website

Mark's Review

Great Falafel Burger/Photo by Mark Avila
Seems like this is the year of special burger tours. I go out of province, once again, and visit the great province of Manitoba. The gateway to the prairies, I was on a mission for another distinct, unique, and innovative burger. Browsing online and going through numerous burger joints, I managed to find a spot that met mycriteria and was, of course, a local favourite. I take you to… Nuburger! 


Nuburger is known in the Winnipeg area as having unique gourmet burgers that have explosive flavour, and elevating the burger experience to a new level while staying on the healthy side. Having numerous locations scattered across Winnipeg, I chose to visit the Forks Market location which was a convenient ten minute drive from my AirBnB. 


I was immediately drawn to the Blueberry Yum Yum Burger, which had a blueberry bbq sauce… something I never had before and really wanted to try. But to my disappointment, as soon as I was about to place my order the Blueberry Yum Yum was no where to be found. I don’t know if there was a certain way of ordering it or what, but I was pretty crushed when I didn’t see it on the menu at the Forks location. However, I did have a plan B and luckily they did have it on the menu board, so I ended up getting the Great Falafel Burger. 


The Great Falafel Burger is a Chickpea Patty, topped with banana salsa, cucumber, lettuce, and tzatziki. I also got a side of Yam fries with a honey dill dipping sauce. 


Now, before I continue with the actual burger review… I just want to give a special shoutout to the honey dill sauce. This was probably the show stealer. Yes, the burger was fantastic but this sauce was to die for. It was absolutely delicious! The sweetness from the honey mixed with the herbal tanginess of the dill was a match made in heaven. 


Okay, that’s enough about my love for the honey dill sauce. You can catch my full take on the episode. 


Anyway, back to the burger. Right off the bat I was greeted by the sweetness of the banana salsa, which was balanced out by the tzatziki sauce. The Chickpea Patty itself was mushy resulting the entire burger to fall apart almost instantly. But, overall it had unique taste and  was full of flavour. Next up was the Yam Fries. They were salty on their own, but when I dipped it in the honey dill sauce the flavours balanced out quite well. When I say the honey dill was a show stealer, I wasn’t lying. I put some of it onto the burger and made it 10 times tastier. Had they swapped out the banana salsa with the honey dill I would’ve probably given this a 10/10.


Nuburger was a great find. I’m still a little disappointed that I didn’t get a chance to try the Blueberry Yum Yum, but its a good reason for me to come back. 100% recommend if you find yourself visiting the Winnipeg area and looking for an excellent burger. 


9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment