Friday, December 9, 2022

Special Burger Review: Regal Burger

Photo by/Mark Avila

Date Visited: September 12, 2022

Location: Bratislava, Slovakia
BurgerTours Rating: 7/10

 

    Taste         Messiness         Price         Venue        Pluses   
AwesomeMessy$11-$15Fast Food Veggie, Gluten Free

Website


Mark's Review

Welcome back to the continuation of my European Burger Tour Review. I leave Hungary in search for another delicious, if not, better burger. Just a 2 hour bus ride from Budapest, I found myself in Bratislava, Slovakia. I really wasn’t expecting much in terms of a a good burger when I think ‘Slovakia’, so I didn’t know what to expect. Like before I did some research ahead of time to see what the city had to offer. Since this was a day trip, I looked for a joint that was in a convenient location in downtown Bratislava. 


After walking the streets of old town Bratislava for a couple of hours, I miraculously stumbled across Regal Burger. Just steps away from the Main Square, this joint is known for its top grade burgers made with fresh ingredients and quality beef. Walking into the restaurant it was small, quaint, and had a homey atmosphere. Browsing the menu, they had a fair balance of meat and veggie options. And as usual, I opted for one of their veggie burgers.

Veggie Chef/Photo by Mark Avila

I decided to go for the Veggie Chef - marinated baked eggplant, mushrooms, topped with onion, lettuce, tomato, cheddar cheese, jalapeño and avocado mayonnaise. This was a surprisingly large and fully loaded burger. The eggplant was unfortunately overpowered by the cheddar cheese to the point that I forgot that I was eating eggplant. I honestly thought it was a giant portobello mushroom instead. The avocado mayonnaise had a nice tangy taste, while the jalapeño added a subtle touch of heat which was just enough to set my mouth on fire. 


After I recorded myself eating, however, the burger decide to disintegrate in my hands. It was a pretty sad site to look at, but I had to finish it somehow. Thank god for spoons and forks!


Overall, I was pleasantly surprised how good the Veggie Chef was. A unique take on veggie burger, I don't think I’ve ever had an eggplant patty as a substitute, but I wish it just had more flavour. Probably one of my favourite veggie burgers I’ve had in a long time. So, for my first taste at a Slovakian burger… I was very impressed. A nice first and only meal in the city. Definitely a must try burger joint in Bratislava! 


7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment