Friday, December 23, 2022

Special Burger Review: Shake Shack

Photo by Andrew Hockridge
Date Visited:
November 11, 2022

Location: Orlando, FL
BurgerTours Rating: 8.4/10



    Taste         Messiness         Price         Venue        Pluses   
AwesomeMessy$11-$15Fast Food Veggie, Patio

Website


Drew's Review

Hi!

Welcome to another addition of BurgerTours, my name is Andrew and let me be your guide today. For this BurgerTour, I take you to none other than the tourist capital itself, Orlando, Florida, where I dine at one of America’s finer burger joints, Shake Shack!

This was my very first time eating Shake Shack and I have to say, I was impressed. Having been to Shake Shack’s west coast competitor in 2019, I thought what better way than to try the east coast’s definition of the best burger.

Shack Burger/Photo by Andrew Hockridge
During my stay in Florida, which saw me survive a hurricane the week I was there, and because of such, I had to make alternative plans for accommodation. Lucikly my hotel in Orlando was within walking distance of the famed burger joint. I arrived at the International Drive location in the early afternoon, right during the lunch rush and there was a moderate line inside all waiting to place their orders. This location is huge and has many dining options, including a patio. 

The menu is plastered on a billboard inside on the wall and the quick and friendly service made things a lot smoother. I narrowed my choices down to two burgers I wanted to try. The two being the Hot Ones exclusive burger, or the simple, original Shack Burger. I stay accustomed to my palette and decided to go with the Shack Burger.

Cheese fries/Photo by Andrew Hockridge
Their classic Shake Shack cheeseburger comes with lettuce, tomato and their signature Shack sauce. Within a few minutes, a woman came out with my order. It was quick and easy. The tray was placed in fron tof me and I began to vision myself devouring this meal. I unwrapped the paper and took one giant bite, with the buns, the meat and everything in between still in tact. The taste was heavenly. The smash burger was grilled perfectly and had a nice, tender crumble to the outer layer. The buns were fresh and gently steamed. The lettuce, tomatoes and cheese made everything come together really nicely and the Shack sauce was just the
right amount for my liking.

I had also ordered the cheese fries on the side and they were delicious. If you're definitely not a fan of just the fries, get them with cheese because it adds a little something and it takes great.

Overall, I don't think I could have asked for a better burger from Shake Shack. I was very satisfied with my meal and I sure hope to one day return to try more from their ever-evolving menu.

8.4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment